Hello out there, we’re on the air! 

As I look back on this class and what I have learned from it, it is hard for me to think of just one. From Mattermost chats, Trello, and Hypothesis. To learning how to use Zoom, meeting professionals and people in the bizz as well as learning to navigate through a pandemic. I have learned about Twine, and Comic Life and Canva. I have learned about iPads and Accessible learning for all. I have learned the difference between virtual, remote and online learning.  And most importantly I have learned what asynchronous and synchronous means. 

I have learned so much. So many valuable teachable moments and so many life lessons. I have learned that supporting each other is the best way to make sure something goes the way we planned it – even if it doesn’t.

I have learned that tech is not the saving grace that will save the education system.  Although tech is important and useful when it is used appropriately.  Tech is there to heighten classroom experiences and help students who need an extra hand, or time. It is not there to replace the teacher. It is supposed to make your life easier, not harder. 

I have learned that my teachers have gifted me patience and knowledge. To know that it is okay not to know everything – especially when it comes to technology.  I have learned that you can make Zoom School fun with the right attitude. I have learned that I love painting. I have learned that the people I have met this semester are going to be the people I lean on throughout the course of this program and most likely well into my teaching career. 

I have learned so much, and I will probably remember more things that I have learned after the dust settles and I can breathe. 

Thank You to Val and Luke and my classmates.

We Got Through Pandemic University Zoom School Teacher Education.